Mattel's Barbie Community
Sign in to follow this  

Guest Post: Designer Robert Best Hits Australian Fashion Week Pt. 1!

I was super excited to arrive in Sydney last Sunday to help launch the new range of Barbie Basics as part of Rosemount Australian Fashion Week! As soon as I landed I picked up an issue of Grazia Magazine that had the most adorable Barbie Basics fashion spread. You can see all the behind the scenes action here.

Also while I was down under I attended a few shows to check out the local designers and see what Barbie may like for her new Spring & Summer wardrobe.

First stop for the week was the MAC RAFW launch party. I was completely wowed by the paper couture dresses made for the event by N.Y. designer, Zaldy Goco. I can totally see Barbie wearing a paper dress! My personal favorite was a meringue-like confection, so good you could have eaten it...

Paper couture dresses by Zaldy Goco at the MAC RAFW launch party
Also it was wonderful to bump into Kirstie Clements, Editor-in-Chief of Vogue Australia, whom I met while I was in town last year at the Barbie Forever exhibition in Melbourne. Kirstie introduced me to internationally renowned blogger Tim Blanks from style.com so I invited him along to the May 4th Barbie Basics launch.

Kirstie Clements and Robert Best at Barbie Forever

http://alldolldup.typepad.com/all_dolld_up/2010/05/guest-post-designer-robert-best-hits-australian-fashion-week-pt-1.html

Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.