Mattel's Barbie Community

Coming Soon: The Barbie Looks™ Collection!

By Allen Voivod

The rumors are true – we’re throwing it back to basics. Get a first look at the all new Barbie Looks™ here!

The Barbie Basics™ Collection was a series that explored the all-important elements of a well-dressed person's wardrobe. After dozens of releases, it concluded in 2011.

Now, ten years later, Designer Bill Greening returns to the concept, inspired by the changes of the last decade. Here's your first official "look" at the new Barbie Looks™ Collection!

Check out the six dolls below that will kick off this collection. They use the Made to Move™ doll body for endless posing possibilities, and the Barbie® dolls will feature the types of doll bodies (original, tall, curvy, petite) first introduced by the Fashionistas™ line in 2016.

We'll reveal more about them soon!

The dolls, fashions, and accessories depicted may change at Mattel’s discretion. Final production design, colors, and textures may vary.

Barbie Looks.jpg

BarbieSignatureAdmin
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

TONYSALDANA7

Posted

That is exactly my point, is not the first time they play this dirty game on me, The shopping experience should be pleasurable and drama free!

• Like 2
EVANJOSE

Posted

@TONYSALDANA7 look I'm not surprised by how things are handled,  this why I keep telling people nothing is a  Guaranteed even if you have a membership.  

• Like 1
MiKeY!

Posted

TonySaldana7, You're not the only one that feels this way! I'm a long time doll collector too, although this is only my second year as a member on here. And I'm already disenchanted with this whole so called "Membership". We're all fans here obviously who like their products, so why not release these to the fans first who pay to be here?  Hopefully when these are released the people that want one will each get one on here. It's annoying to pay and be the last to know.  Which defeats the entire purpose of being a "Member".

• Like 1
Barbie Jo

Posted

On 5/30/2021 at 5:57 PM, MiKeY! said:

Love all the dolls, no complaints there. But the fact that Amazon gets all the news first, and they were available for pre-order on that site is ridiculous to me. Makes paid membership feel kind of pointless. I wish Mattel would get more exclusive with their members, like make me feel like renewing my membership is worth it. 

I totally agree,  I don't even know why I signed up for this membership again you hardly have any dolls you can actually use your discount on each  quarter and honestly Mattel is lacking so much imagination these days,  their collector dolls used to be amazing so sad...I don't know if I even received my free gift when I signed up it's just not as good as it used to be and the quality of the dolls is also not the best anymore. The day of the dead dolls and the art inspired dolls are the best things they have had lately...🙄

• Like 1
MiKeY!

Posted (edited)

BarbieJo. Yep, I totally had an eyeroll moment when I renewed my membership and they were like nope, no free gifts either. Back in the day I heard this club was really good. Lots of nice little perks and great gift sets to purchase from Barbie. I'm a silkstone fan so that was the time to sign up for me, but I was too young then lol. I also had an issue with my quarterly rewards that was not applied when I renewed, another eyeroll moment for me. I can't tell you how many times I had to call just to get the basic things promised when you renew. I totally sympathize with you, I feel so disappointed by this club.  Like, why did I renew? *Face palm*😑

Edited by MiKeY!
Natalie

Posted

I add my voice to the chorus of frustration with this cluster of terrible doll updates.  We pay for special preference, and sometimes can't even get what the soccer mom found at Wal-Mart.

Come on, y'all can do better than this; I was more understanding at the height of the pandemic, but there is no longer an excuse for the mismanagement of your products.  The "New" page is full of stuff we can see, but not buy - that's not only frustrating, it's a bit of a slap in the face to we die-hards.  *sigh* Maybe you need a new marketing team?

BarbieTease.jpg

• Like 2
eriberi

Posted

İts a scandal, how amazon buyers can have that doll but mattels members cant! If Mattel wants to sell memberships again, it has to do more than just put babies for sale here. Honestly, I don't think I'll ever buy a membership again. I already bought a baby from Amazon with the membership fee I gave here. Now,  I'm going to give extra money back in addition to the money I've wasted, but the baby doesn't even sell. Not as acceptable. Platinium membership! Peh! 

• Like 1

I'm feeling better about my membership now that I see there is supposed to be a bundle deal

ISLANDWHITEWAVE

Posted

Well, I’m glad I was able to put my orders in. I was so ticked off with no alert or anything about this release or all the other new doll releases. I’ve been finding out from Instagram.  We pay for our memberships , specifically for extra benefits.  What’s the point of paying extra if we don’t get perks?