Mattel's Barbie Community

Coming Soon: The Barbie Looks™ Collection!

By Allen Voivod

The rumors are true – we’re throwing it back to basics. Get a first look at the all new Barbie Looks™ here!

The Barbie Basics™ Collection was a series that explored the all-important elements of a well-dressed person's wardrobe. After dozens of releases, it concluded in 2011.

Now, ten years later, Designer Bill Greening returns to the concept, inspired by the changes of the last decade. Here's your first official "look" at the new Barbie Looks™ Collection!

Check out the six dolls below that will kick off this collection. They use the Made to Move™ doll body for endless posing possibilities, and the Barbie® dolls will feature the types of doll bodies (original, tall, curvy, petite) first introduced by the Fashionistas™ line in 2016.

We'll reveal more about them soon!

The dolls, fashions, and accessories depicted may change at Mattel’s discretion. Final production design, colors, and textures may vary.

Barbie Looks.jpg

BarbieSignatureAdmin
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

NELLYONEDREAM

Posted

These dolls are great. But I wonder where is Crystal Fantasy Collection?

• Like 7
KenCollector

Posted

I’m so excited that Mattel is finally giving us an official announcement and background on this line but the fact that this is supposed to be news at this point is comical! 😂 It would’ve have been nice to hear this weeks ago. 

But with that being said, I’m so excited that we are getting a spin-off to the Barbie Basics line. That was the line that got me into collecting. I hope to see more waves and fashion packs. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
PAMMINORMAN1973

Posted

I like these dolls but prefer the model muse bodies without articulation.Wow 6 More dolls coming soon?Where is crystal fantasy she was coming soon along time ago.Why is there no release date for these dolls either?

• Like 4
Dec Blue

Posted

So finally glad Mattel said something but my question is will they be ready to buy from the website or do we have to pre-order them like the nonsense with Amazon cause I don't want to wait to get the dolls I've made my mind up to buy. Also is the June date correct then cause Amazon said they'll be available June 1st. I'm mean I'm still gonna buy them cause I loved the Barbie Basics line and I love Made to Move body types so these dolls are gold for me.

• Like 6
acpogue@gmail.com

Posted

I don't understand how they are on Amazon before being released here on the Mattel website. Most are already sold out on amazon. 

• Like 4
RUSS0975

Posted

Love the dolls!! Now, give us some cool fashion packs to go with them!!! 🤩

• Like 5
CYNBAD2

Posted

These are great, just interested in when we will be able to buy them on this site.  I don't do Amazon and my walmart never has anything, so I depend a lot on the barbie collector site.  Thanks

• Like 1
danaguy71

Posted

I just don't' like the jointed arms and legs......on any of the dolls.......I think it looks terrible.  Just my opinion............

• Like 1
KIMKATRIN

Posted

I really like this line! I was always a big fan of the Basics with al the different face sculpts and it also made me start collecting Collector Barbies. Actually I prefer model muse body (pivotal or not) because it looks so elegant. but when the joints disturbs me too much (and I suppose they will),  I will rebody to model muse. Thank you Mattel for hearing my prayers, I’ve been waiting a long time!

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
GREATPEOPLE2

Posted

It is somewhat disappointing paying for a Mattel membership just to find out that Amazon had pre-order for this collection and Mattel only offers a news update.    Can the Admin offer an explanation? 

• Like 5
dealp19

Posted

Very excited  to see a continuation of the Barbie basics model with the amazing made-to-move bodies that collectors have come to love on dollstagram. I do hope if this is a new interpretation of Basics we get the accessory packs again as those are very fun to add to the basic looks, and even a line in jeans again would be great!

• Like 4
BARBIEFAN2006

Posted

When will they be available?

Dolllovindude1972

Posted

16 hours ago, dealp19 said:

Very excited  to see a continuation of the Barbie basics model with the amazing made-to-move bodies that collectors have come to love on dollstagram. I do hope if this is a new interpretation of Basics we get the accessory packs again as those are very fun to add to the basic looks, and even a line in jeans again would be great!

I agree, fashion accessory packs are a must. We need some better quality clothes for the adult collectors out here. So happy and excited about this new line.

• Like 7
MiKeY!

Posted

Love all the dolls, no complaints there. But the fact that Amazon gets all the news first, and they were available for pre-order on that site is ridiculous to me. Makes paid membership feel kind of pointless. I wish Mattel would get more exclusive with their members, like make me feel like renewing my membership is worth it. 

• Like 6
RAMIRO

Posted

I have not been so excited by a Barbie collection like this one in years! I want them ALL!

I do hope that Mattel/this club gives us VIP access to purchase before the madness of trying to find them everywhere. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Dolllovindude1972

Posted

6 hours ago, RAMIRO said:

I have not been so excited by a Barbie collection like this one in years! I want them ALL!

I do hope that Mattel/this club gives us VIP access to purchase before the madness of trying to find them everywhere. 

Yeah, That would have been nice. We had to beg to get them to post this info as pictures and info about the doll was all over the internet for weeks before this was posted. Plus the only place you can pre-order them in on Amazon and they are all pretty much sold out already. Even the pre-order got botched with it stating for everyone that they could not be shipped to their address. It's been a big botch job from the start. This line is fabulous, too bad they can't do more for the paying members. We should get first shot to pre-order all releases, be it new fashionistas or expensive collectors dolls. Why do we pay to be here? I have yet to use my quarterly bonus discount as there is never anything available on the site that I want. I for one will not be re-subscribing. Mattel /Barbie just wants our money with no actual perks for us.

• Like 1
EVANJOSE

Posted

I already ordered 4 dolls and I have 2 coming this week 

ABABYGIRLG

Posted

I want them ALL, Will they have a bundle deal... How did you order? I'm a Platinum member and I didn't get the Memo

• Like 3
EVANJOSE

Posted

I got them on Amazon, don't hold your  Your breath for buying a membership in getting the news 1st those days are gone. 

• Like 6
ABABYGIRLG

Posted

I'm so very happy that Barbie is fully articulated. We spent so much money on buying the UGLY Spin Master Dolls just to get the bodies to put on our Barbies so she could cross her legs and have so many more poses, especially when you blog and what to setup different backgrounds with all the friends over, you don't want the same super model poses in all the shots.

I agree with ʕ•́ᴥ•̀ʔっ♡MiKeY! What is the point of paying for a Platinum membership if I don't even get a memo that new dolls are coming out. I just happen to see a seller on eBay with pre-order for all these dolls for $59 plus shipping cost, so I come here to find out others have order the dolls 7 days go, and I didn't get an email. I thought that was one of the reason for a membership - was to get the heads-up on the New upcoming goodies. Guess not(︺︹︺)

I'm really disliking this Doll business. It's all about the money. I'm really am not knocking people that can afford to have 25 memberships like with the W Club, but they really should allow each member to buy at least 1 of every doll then open the door for members to buy them out. Because it was very disappointing have my husband and granddaughter clicking on three different computers sending request for Pretty Reckless - Rayna Ahmadi + Billion Dollar Baddie Alejandra Luna to vendors, only to be told. Even though your email was second for a request, we must give or long standing customer first grabs, but if we have some you will be added to our wait list, same with Sideshow, as soon as it open we all click added to cart. SOLD OUT added to Waitlist. I just made up mind to keep the W Club for only the W Club Exclusive dolls and if I should be selected for the lottery so be it.

I did win the lovely Rayna Ahmadi backpack for $57 on eBay plus $6.95 ship. Yelp, help pay for the $160 doll¯\_( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯

I'm almost 60 and I still love dolls. I really love that the world is taking note that blonde hair and blue eyes don't make you a million dollar baby. Just look at Fashion Royalty, Baddie Alejandra, now she is a beauty and 2020 But! The Legendary Nadja Enchantress she took the show for 2020 with Aymeline Celebration and Eugenia Frost Le Tuxedo coming in as my 2nds.

More and more people are hearing about Integrity Toys doll Fashion Royalty, so they are hard to come by. Note: I have exchange many of my IT FR doll bodies to Barbie M2M because the bodies are better for posing. The IT FR bodies lack the ability to bend with flexibility at the keen and the rotation at the hips. The Barbie M2M is really only missing the flexibility at the waist, but if it's wobbly like the Spin Master Liv dolls, then we can do with out.

Maybe Barbie will come out with an option doll like they do for the skin tones, they would have the Model Muse, Silkstone at an extra fee and M2M body type, that way all can be happy. We all like the clothing better from the Silkstone line.

• Like 4
Dolllovindude1972

Posted

3 hours ago, ABABYGIRLG said:

I want them ALL, Will they have a bundle deal... How did you order? I'm a Platinum member and I didn't get the Memo

Nobody in the club got a memo. Mattel dropped the ball with info. Everyone found out on every other doll site, blog, Facebook group and Instagram. Nothing was posted here until after they were up for pre-order on amazon. And that was after prodding from members.

MiKeY!

Posted

3 hours ago, ABABYGIRLG said:

I'm so very happy that Barbie is fully articulated. We spent so much money on buying the UGLY Spin Master Dolls just to get the bodies to put on our Barbies so she could cross her legs and have so many more poses, especially when you blog and what to setup different backgrounds with all the friends over, you don't want the same super model poses in all the shots.

I agree with ʕ•́ᴥ•̀ʔっ♡MiKeY! What is the point of paying for a Platinum membership if I don't even get a memo that new dolls are coming out. I just happen to see a seller on eBay with pre-order for all these dolls for $59 plus shipping cost, so I come here to find out others have order the dolls 7 days go, and I didn't get an email. I thought that was one of the reason for a membership - was to get the heads-up on the New upcoming goodies. Guess not(︺︹︺)

I'm really disliking this Doll business. It's all about the money. I'm really am not knocking people that can afford to have 25 memberships like with the W Club, but they really should allow each member to buy at least 1 of every doll then open the door for members to buy them out. Because it was very disappointing have my husband and granddaughter clicking on three different computers sending request for Pretty Reckless - Rayna Ahmadi + Billion Dollar Baddie Alejandra Luna to vendors, only to be told. Even though your email was second for a request, we must give or long standing customer first grabs, but if we have some you will be added to our wait list, same with Sideshow, as soon as it open we all click added to cart. SOLD OUT added to Waitlist. I just made up mind to keep the W Club for only the W Club Exclusive dolls and if I should be selected for the lottery so be it.

I did win the lovely Rayna Ahmadi backpack for $57 on eBay plus $6.95 ship. Yelp, help pay for the $160 doll¯\_( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯

I'm almost 60 and I still love dolls. I really love that the world is taking note that blonde hair and blue eyes don't make you a million dollar baby. Just look at Fashion Royalty, Baddie Alejandra, now she is a beauty and 2020 But! The Legendary Nadja Enchantress she took the show for 2020 with Aymeline Celebration and Eugenia Frost Le Tuxedo coming in as my 2nds.

More and more people are hearing about Integrity Toys doll Fashion Royalty, so they are hard to come by. Note: I have exchange many of my IT FR doll bodies to Barbie M2M because the bodies are better for posing. The IT FR bodies lack the ability to bend with flexibility at the keen and the rotation at the hips. The Barbie M2M is really only missing the flexibility at the waist, but if it's wobbly like the Spin Master Liv dolls, then we can do with out.

Maybe Barbie will come out with an option doll like they do for the skin tones, they would have the Model Muse, Silkstone at an extra fee and M2M body type, that way all can be happy. We all like the clothing better from the Silkstone line.

ABabygirlG cute bear with heart emoji, I'm loving it! I too am a fan of jointed Barbie's. Mainly for pics w/ realistic looking dioramas. But with this latest move, I totally feel like my membership was literally for nothing. We don't even get the news, so for me it's like why bother paying for membership? I don't think I'm renewing after this one. From my understanding, this club had way more benefits back years ago, even a magazine that would come. Wish I was member then 😕. These dolls are nice, I really like them but they are a little too modern looking for my taste. I enjoy the vintage Silkstone look. But I hope the others who really want them, will get them soon! And get their value out of this paid membership! 🙂

• Like 3
APACHE27

Posted

How did Amazon have these dolls before Mattel Site. Why am I paying for platinum membership.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3