Mattel's Barbie Community
Sign in to follow this  

Barbie® David Bowie Doll Celebrates the Pioneer of Sound and Vision!

By Allen Voivod

With a career spanning over five decades, David Bowie was at the vanguard of contemporary culture as a musician, artist, and icon. Now, Barbie® Signature applauds his global and multigenerational impact with the Barbie® David Bowie Doll!

As a Gold Label™ doll, this will only be produced in limited quantities, and comes with a doll stand and Certificate of Authenticity. It's a definitive celebration of two pop culture icons, as Barbie® honors the pioneer of sound and vision, English singer, songwriter, and actor, whose dramatic musical transformations continue to influence and inspire.

Dressed as Bowie’s fantastic sci-fi alter ego, Ziggy Stardust, Barbie® wears the iconic metallic ‘space suit’ with red and blue stripes and flared shoulders, and Bowie’s signature cherry-red platform boots. Special details include bold makeup – featuring the famed astral sphere forehead icon – and a hairstyle inspired by Bowie’s fiery-red locks.

The doll will arrive (not from Mars, just from our warehouse!) in specially-designed packaging, displaying a collage of images from Bowie's early career. It's another respectful aspect of this tribute to a musical genius who redefined rock and roll. It also makes Barbie® David Bowie Doll the ultimate collector’s item for Bowie and Barbie® fans alike.

Bowie was, and continues to be, a unique presence in contemporary culture. Honor his extraordinary talent and undeniable influence by adding Barbie® David Bowie Doll to your collection today!

© 2019 The David Bowie Archive ® Under license to Perryscope Productions LLC/Epic Rights.

Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I am totally Loving the Davie Bowie Barbie! First, because I was always a huge David Bowie fan, second, I Love my Gold and Platinum label Barbies! I just wish that the Barbie site would put down the number of anticipated dolls to be manufactured for sale! I know the Platinum are 1000 or less. I can't find anything about the Gold Label quantities! I think they used to be anywhere from 4000-10000. Not sure if that's still true!!

Share this comment